Monday 15 August 2011

are you properly insulated..?

Having recently had some work done I my house, I was chatting with my plumber and he asked if I had loft and cavity wall insulation.  My house was built in the early 50's and was owned by an elderly couple so I was doubtful it had either.

There are currently various schemes which are promoting both of these services.

One option I discovered was by calling my local council and enquiring about a grant to help with the cost. The council gave me the number of a local firm, I called them and they sent a surveyor out to assess my home.  If you are eligible for a grant you can get help with the cost of getting both installed.

Subsequent to this I read that British Gas were also offering this service for free!?  Yes you read that correctly, for free - this seemed like too much of a good offer to pass up to I enquired about it and sure enough that was the case (**please note you must check out to see whether you qualify).

So I am now well on the way to getting my home fully insulated ready for winter.

any helpful links or offers you've heard about then please do pass them on

best
gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

we'd love to hear from you...
gigi